Portfolio

Monday, January 23, 2017

3D Class S2 Class 02 Resurfacing, Map Baking, And Substance Painter

3D Class S2 Class 02 Resurfacing, Map Baking, And Substance Painter


For this assignment we were tasked with taking our high res geo from fusion 360 and retopologizing it and then texturing our retopo'd geo in substance while also baking our maps. This assignment was very challenging just because I don't think I like retopology in maya even though I gave it a chance. Next time I think I might stick to 3d-coat or topogun for retopology. Maya just seemed laggy and not that fun to use. I retopo'd and had a bunch of issues with baking and I had to figure out what was going wrong. For some reason the geometry that was spit out by fusion 360 was extremley bad and it would not bake right. I had to dynamesh that geo and then desimate it and then I was able to get cleaner bakes. No idea why that was going on. Eventually I got it done, but this assignment took a really long time. I retopo'd multiple times and this assignment ended up taking me 17 + hours.

Retopologized





















Uv's





































Baked High Res to Low res. Some issues I couldn't sort out.







Textured In Substance Painter






No comments:

Post a Comment