Portfolio

Sunday, December 11, 2016

3D Class Week 16 Creating An Environment Part 04 (Vegetation)

3D Class Week 16 Creating An Environment Part 04 (Vegetation)


For this week we were assigned to make vegitation for our level and also to vertex paint the mesh so that we could later make a blueprint that would affect the mesh to act like it was blowing in the wind. The first thing I did for this assignment was cleaning up my whole level so it felt more like the same kind of place. Originally I had a mess of colors going on so I went back and formed a color palette and stuck with it. I also didn't want to really add vegitation to my level because I felt like it wouldn't fit good on my level, but I ended up adding some and it doesn't look that bad.

First I started in Maya and used paint effects to render out a texture with alpha and then I brought that into photoshop to make it more of an image that would fit my level.



























































I then took all of my meshes and textures and brought them into unreal and hooked up the nodes and also the nodes for the wind movement with the vertex painting.






This is what my plant looked like in Unreal. Don't forget that it was also set to double sided.





Final Images





















1 comment:

  1. Not a lot of work on the vegetation, I would make the grass darker in value, You killed all color in your piece. I would slowly introduce color back into the piece. Take a look at this guys work on how you could push it color wise https://www.artstation.com/artist/pascalblanche

    ReplyDelete