Portfolio

Monday, December 5, 2016

3D Class Week 15 Creating An Environment Part 03 (Skydomes)

3D Class Week 15 Creating An Environment Part 03 (Skydomes)


This week we were tasked with creating a Sky dome from scratch and let me tell you this was not easy one bit. I had such a hard time with this assignment. Probably my hardest assignment here at FIEA to date. I had a bunch of help from Matt Young because there were plenty of things that I didn't understand and he helped me out a lot, so shout outs to him. For this assignment we first made a sphere and a cut out of a sphere in Maya for the dome of the sky sphere and for a ring of clouds that we needed to make it move in a circle. Next I got clouds from textures.com and created some alphas and blurred them for the sky dome. I then created a master material for the sky dome and a instance material that I could change parameters on the sky sphere. I then made another master material for the inner ring and a master material for that. I followed the tutorial and it has all of the parameters we needed. Images below.


Maya topology with Uvs










Cloud images I made and compiled in photoshop for the SkySphere






Material instances I made for both the skysphere and the inner ring












All of my blueprints together









Sun I made in photoshop




Final Screenshots of everything combined














No comments:

Post a Comment