Tuesday, September 27, 2016

2D Class Week 05 Silhouettes

Silhouettes

For this week we were assigned to do 9 silhouettes for our 2D class. For my initial design I started out with an old celtic sword and then I branched off from there trying to find designs that I thought looked cool. This assignment took me around 2 and a half hours of drawing the silhouettes and about 30 minutes for compiling it all onto the thumbnail sketch sheet.

Friday, September 23, 2016

3D Class Week 05 Modeling A Prop



This week we are working on modeling a cannon and just focusing on simple prop, setting up temp UV' with automatic UV's, and then pushing the results into UE4.

I started off with setting up my scale by exporting the UE4 character and bringing him into Maya and seeing the scale from there.



Next I set up my modeling Templates



 My final poly count for my cannon came out to 988 tris and it took me about 4 hours to complete this assignment.


Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 4(Composition Layout)

For this week we were assigned to make a composition off of the compositions listed on the first image. This was a pretty challenging task for me since I haven't done anything like this before. I ended up concepting a scene in unreal and then went from there to start sketching it. I think it fits a few composition types, but I think that the cross composition fits it best. I also think that radial could work with it also.


This is the reference image I went off of to draw my composition. Everything in the reference was made by me in maya and imported into unreal.





















Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week 3 (3 Point Perspective)

This week we were assigned to do a 3 point perspective drawing. At first I choose an image that I thought was a good example of 3 point perspective, but the more I did it the more I realized it wasn't a good example, so I scratched that one out and then did a new one. The new one is a better example of 3 point perspective.







Bad example of 3 point perspective

Good example of 3 point perspective


It took me about 4 hours to do this assignment



Week 4 Lego Vehicles


Group Team: Connor, Francisco,Michael, Yan, Moss, Doug

This week everyone grouped up into bigger teams and focused on one main thing to make for a project that we would all be working on. I was on the vehicle/transportation team. Our team decided to split up into two smaller teams and focus on one vehicle. My team was made up of Doug, Michael, and Me. We got together and started playing with legos and seeing what did and didn't work. Eventually we decided upon a robot spider vehicle and we started making it. I did part of the body which can be seen in the second image. At the very end the spider was brought together with all the other teams to make an awesome environment. Shout outs to everyone! It turned out amazing!




















Tuesday, September 6, 2016

2D Class Second Post

For this weeks assignment we were asked to set up a scene in Zbrush and pose some mannequin characters in an interesting pose. I set one of my characters up in the dragonball Z saiyan man pose and the other is looking at him in a confused way. The next part of the assignment was to draw the characters and shade them from the image we made from Zbrush. I accidentally traced it the first time, so I went back and made a second one that I drew.





Team Lego Project Week 3



Francisco, Connor, Moss. This week we got together into groups of 3 and made legos that we will be using to make a prop/enviroment/etc. The piece that I made wasn't to hard to make, but I really wanted to focus on getting the topology right on it so that the bevels would go well. I think it went well. Screenshots below.




































PIE

PIE First Post

Gamelab

Gamelab First Post

Capestone

Capestone First Post

RPP

RPP First Post

VR

VR First Post

Tech Art

Tech Art First Post

Animation First Post

Animation First Post

Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 02 MineCraft Level

This week I was tasked with modeling a box and uving it in maya. I also had to make my own minecraft pixel textures to then import them into unreal and make materials out of them. The last task was to set up a scene with these minecraft blocks. I ended up making a castle surrounded by lava with some mountains and waterfalls. I also ended up adding a meteorite falling to the level.