Portfolio

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

2D Class Week 07 Basic Lighting


2D Class Week 07 Basic Lighting

This week we were assigned to do a digital painting of an asset that we chose. We lite the item with a 3 point lighting set up and then had to digitally reproduce what we saw. 2d has always been a hard thing for me to grasp and this week is no different. I started out by converting my image to black and white so that I could try and get the values right for the lighting. I then added color after I felt like I had the value right. The asset I drew was a rubber duck that I borrowed from Yen.

 This is a reference image of 3 point lighting with bounce lighting from the cubes on the head mesh.


This is what I ended up recreating for this assignment.

This is me laying out the shading of the image before I start using the cotton ball smudge to mix everything together.
This is the image after I mixed all of the grey values together.
This took about 5 hours

1 comment:

  1. Cool results, would like to see more warm colors in the body instead of making it dark (produces muddy results) Would be nice to have color it the floor and background.

    ReplyDelete