Portfolio

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

2D Class Week 09 Shape Language

2D Class Week 09 Shape Language


This week we focused on shape language and different shapes of characters. I was tasked this week with making the proxy shapes for the character. Will made some awesome silhouettes for me to go off of and our team decided that I should make the 7th image on the silhouette. I started out making that silhouette while also looking at our pinterest and other reference images to go off of. After making the proxy shape character, it was decided that my model wasn't Tim Burton enough and so then we went back to the drawing board and refined what we wanted to do and came out with a better vision for the Tinman. This proxy was drawn over by Will and Leah and then Boo ended up making the newer proxy. Images bellow.

First thing to do was to set up a since of scale for our Tinman.


Setting up reference planes for the block out of this character.



My finished proxy character that we iterated on.



1 comment:

  1. Nice work on your proxy, it does have more of a robot feel to it right now though. I like the tree face. Need to only use hard edges only when needed.

    ReplyDelete