Portfolio

Monday, February 6, 2017

3D Class S2 Class 04 Hard Surface Modeling Project (Substance Painter Section)

3D Class S2 Class 04 Hard Surface Modeling Project (Substance Painter Section)


So this week we were tasked with re-topologizing our high rez mesh and making a low res mesh and baking our maps in substance painter. This re-topology was not easy what so ever. I had such a hard time trying to get my high res out of zbrush. I lost about 3 hours trying to get my high res meshes out of zbrush. Don't know why decimation was acting weird for me, but it took me forever. For this assignment I had so many issues to say the least. Exporting stuff wasn't working. Computer freezing multiple times which caused so much time lost. Retopo in maya is so laggy. Next time I think I'm going to try retopo in a different program and see if it is better or worse. I'm just not liking this quad draw feature. Everytime I use it I end up getting faces underneath other faces and I'm not sure why. I also had so much trouble welding verts at the end of this project I had to go back and weld most of them by hand. The polycount we were supposed to have was 6000 tris, but since I made the gun all one piece mine ended up being around 9000. There is still so much I need to learn about retopo and good topology and when can you have pieces floating on other pieces etc. I was really happy with how my gun came out last week, but this week was really frustrating to say the least. I posted my images last week to the facebook group Ten Thousand Hours and received a few likes on my post. What was really awesome was someone complemented me and said that I'm an awesome modeler. It just kinda felt like I moved backwards this week. Screenshots below. Enjoy.


































































No comments:

Post a Comment