3D Class S2 Class 04 Hard Surface Modeling Project (Substance Painter Section)
So this week we were tasked with re-topologizing our high rez mesh and making a low res mesh and baking our maps in substance painter. This re-topology was not easy what so ever. I had such a hard time trying to get my high res out of zbrush. I lost about 3 hours trying to get my high res meshes out of zbrush. Don't know why decimation was acting weird for me, but it took me forever. For this assignment I had so many issues to say the least. Exporting stuff wasn't working. Computer freezing multiple times which caused so much time lost. Retopo in maya is so laggy. Next time I think I'm going to try retopo in a different program and see if it is better or worse. I'm just not liking this quad draw feature. Everytime I use it I end up getting faces underneath other faces and I'm not sure why. I also had so much trouble welding verts at the end of this project I had to go back and weld most of them by hand. The polycount we were supposed to have was 6000 tris, but since I made the gun all one piece mine ended up being around 9000. There is still so much I need to learn about retopo and good topology and when can you have pieces floating on other pieces etc. I was really happy with how my gun came out last week, but this week was really frustrating to say the least. I posted my images last week to the facebook group Ten Thousand Hours and received a few likes on my post. What was really awesome was someone complemented me and said that I'm an awesome modeler. It just kinda felt like I moved backwards this week. Screenshots below. Enjoy.