Portfolio

Monday, February 20, 2017

3D Class S2 Class 06 Organic Bust Project (Adding Hard Surface Element)

3D Class S2 Class 06 Organic Bust Project (Adding Hard Surface Element)


This week we were assigned to take our orgainic part of our model and make hard surface parts for it. My model had a ton of hard surface parts for it and they were really complicated. This part of the assignment was not easy at all. I first tried making things in fusion, but that wasn't working out for me, so I got some help from the other artists and they pointed me back to maya which really helped me out. There is still a bunch that I don't understand about zbrush and hard surface, but that will come with more practice. Don't forget that I was referencing models from Jordu Schell. Screenshots below.

Started in maya




















Took my stuff from maya into zbrush and then dynameshed and did the difference dynamesh a lot to get what I needed done.





















Making the arm piece in maya then brought into zbrush and did the difference dynamesh.


Final Comp of Sculpt


Closer up shots






Can't remember how long this took me, but I had a bunch of fun with it and forgot to turn my tracker back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment