Portfolio

Monday, November 21, 2016

3D Class Week 13 Creating An Environment Part 01

3D Class Week 13 Creating An Environment Part 01


This week we were assigned to make tilling textures in Zbrush and then texture them in substance and finally put them into unreal. This was a pretty big challenge because it was our first time sculpting things for the environment. For my first sculpt I wanted to try and make something that I could use for my Tinman house for our Tim Burton Wizard of Oz project. I decided to make wood planks and they didn't turn out as good as I would like. I'll definitely have to go back and work on them more. For my second peice I made rocks on a beach with water. They turned out pretty good I think. I really like how they turned out. Screenshots below.

First we started by making a mesh in maya that could be brought into Zbrush and sculpted on that would end up Tiling.





















Here is the sculpt of the wood I ended up doing in Zbrush. I tried to dig in more than I usually do because I'm sculpting to light right now, so thats something I will have to keep working on.








































After sculpting I decimated the mesh and took the high poly mesh and low poly mesh and took them into substance painter to bake textures and add a Tim Burton style to the wood.













































I had some trouble getting it to tile in maya even though I'm pretty sure I did everything in the videos. This is what the mesh looked like tiling in maya.






















ScreenShot of tiling texture in Unreal






















Next I made stones in water. I tried to not make them too wet looking, but they seem to always shine through somehow. Here is the sculpt of the rocks.






































I then decimated the mesh like I did with the first model and brought it into maya to make sure that it was tiling right. This time I had no issues with the tiling process.









































After this I took the mesh into substance to bake the high res onto the low res and then textured it. It started to look like clay when I was texturing it and I thought it looked cool, so I kept it that way.























Last I brought it into unreal and then made sure that it tiled and added the material and textures to it.





















This assignment took me over 10 hours and I feel like the second sculpt I did turned out way better than my first...

No comments:

Post a Comment